The key to creating the perfect couples selfie typically comes down to three things: location, lighting and love.
Ideally, the location can be anywhere the two of you are having a great time and just enjoying each other’s company. This could be spending a relaxing day at the beach, snaps from your latest vacation or simply a sweet moment from date night at your favorite restaurant. And while natural lighting always helps bring out our inner glow, a candlelight dinner could also provide just the right ambiance. And finally, showing your love for each other can come in any form (whether you’re sharing an embrace, holding hands or making a funny face) as long as it’s authentic to you two.
After you’ve got the perfect photo, it’s time to share it! Make your Instagram post complete with any of these unique and cute couples Instagram captions.
Some of these short and meaningful ideas come from the best love songs, and could easily work for an anniversary, engagement or Valentine’s Day post. Others are funny and sassy, and will complement any “just because” picture.
Regardless of the vibe you’re going for, we have just the words to describe your special relationship (and bring in all the likes).
Cute Couple Captions
- A true love story never ends.
- My favorite place in the world is next to you.
- Love you today. Love you tomorrow. Love you forever.
- P.S. I love you.
- Two peas in a pod.
- It wasn’t love at first sight. It took a full five minutes.
- Your smile makes me smile.
- We’re definitely two of a kind.
- Better together.
- How lucky am I that of all the fish in the sea, I caught you.
- You’re the cheese to my macaroni.
- You stole my heart but I’ll let you keep it.
- Together is my favorite place to be.
Funny Couple Captions
- We’re just a couple of crazy kids, having fun.
- All the rumors are true.
- In my defense, I do whatever she says.
- Relationship status: taken.
- Life’s a cake, and you’re the cherry on top.
- Our submission for the cutest couple award.
- Couples that laugh together, last together.
- We clean up pretty nice.
- Bonded with you like super glue.
- Orange you glad you met me. 🍊
- I love you a latte.
- You’ve stolen a pizza of my heart.
- All I want to do is taco ’bout you.
- We take the perfect picture because you light up the room.
- Here’s our submission for the best couple ever.
- My favorite person to text … 67 times a day.
- I think I’m nuts for you — either that or I’m just plain nuts.
- There isn’t anything I need but you and maybe a cheeseburger.
Romantic Couple Captions
- Happy wife, happy life!
- You give love a special meaning.
- I just need you and the sunset.
- Hold my hand, and I will go anywhere with you.
- You don’t marry someone you can live with — you marry someone you cannot live without.
- Falling in love all over again.
- Can’t keep calm when I’m crazy for you.
- My favorite love story is ours.
- Every day I’m with you, I love you more.
- Our hearts speak the same language.
- The good things in life are better with you.
- So many of my smiles begin with you.
- True love never gets old.
Famous Quotes for Couple Captions
- “Some people are worth melting for.” – Frozen
- “If all I got is your hand in my hand, baby I could die a happy man.” – Thomas Rhett
- “The best thing to hold onto in life is each other.” — Audrey Hepburn
- “You are my sun, my moon, and all my stars.” — E. E. Cummings
- “You can’t blame gravity for falling in love.” — Albert Einstein
- “If I had a flower every time I thought of you, I could walk in my garden forever.” — Alfred Tennyson
- “All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn’t hurt.” — Charles M. Schulz
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” — A.A. Milne
- “Love is the flower. You’ve got to let it grow.” — John Lennon
- “Whatever our souls are made of, his and mine are the same.”— Emily Brontë
- “Love isn’t something you find. Love is something that finds you.” — Loretta Young
- “You always gain by giving love.” — Reese Witherspoon
Movie and Song Quotes for Couple Captions
- “If I ain’t got nothing, I got you” — “1+1” by Beyoncé
- “You’re all I need, my love, my Valentine” —”Valentine” by Martina McBride
- “But nothing’s greater than the rush that comes with your embrace.” — “Bleeding Love” by Leona Lewis
- “You’re amazing. Just the way you are.” — “Just the Way You Are” by Bruno Mars
- “My happiest moments weren’t complete if you weren’t by my side.”—”Dangerously in Love” by Destiny’s Child
- “And darling I will be loving you ’til we’re 70” — “Thinking Out Loud” by Ed Sheeran
- “You’re still the one I run to, the one that I belong to, you’re still the one I want for life.” — “You’re Still The One” by Shania Twain
- “And it’s you. It’s been you all the time.” —”It’s Been You” by Anita Baker
- “Forever my lady” — “Forever My Lady” by Jodeci
- “I’ll be your fan for life” — “Superstar” by Usher
- “Nothing else can compare, when I feel the magic of you” — “Caught Up in the Rapture” by Anita Baker
“I’ve been waitin’ my whole life, to find someone like you” — “Find Someone Like You” by Snoh Aalegra
- “You’ve got the love I need to see me through” — “You’ve Got the Love” by Florence + The Machine
- “To me, you are perfect.” — Love Actually
- “Love was made for me and you.” — Nat King Cole
- “All that you are is all that I’ll ever need.” — Ed Sheeran
- “You had me at hello.” — Jerry Maguire
- “When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.” — When Harry Met Sally
- “All of me loves all of you.” — John Legend
- “You are the best thing that’s ever been mine.” — Taylor Swift
- “Home is wherever I’m with you.” — Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- “I think I’d miss you even if we never met.” — The Wedding Date
Caroline is a writer and editor with almost a decade of experience. From 2015 to 2019, she held various editorial positions at Good Housekeeping, including as health editor, covering nutrition, fitness, wellness, and other lifestyle news. She’s a graduate of the Medill School of Journalism and dreams of the day Northwestern will go back to the Rose Bowl.
Cameron (she/her) is a staff writer for Good Housekeeping, where she covers everything from holidays to food. She is a graduate of Syracuse University, where she received a B.A. in magazine journalism. In her spare-time she can be found scrolling TikTok for the latest cleaning hacks and restaurant openings, binge-watching seasons of Project Runway or online shopping.